Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Working out is such a pain

I don't care what anyone says, it is so much easier to just not work out. You don't have to get up at dark-thirty and go down to the gym, or you don't have to force yourself to work out after work. You don't have to have sore, achey muscles. You can just go home and sit on the couch and watch mindless TV, or just nap. Yes it's much easier to just NOT workout.
So four times a week, every time, I have to force myself to go to the gym. It's easier not to go, but if I don't go eventually I end up disgusting myself when I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror. When I lived in Texas I hardly worked out and I was not happy with myself. The instant gratification of not working out was great everyday, but the view in the mirror was totally depressing. So I have learned that there are so many things I hate doing that still have to do if I want to have a good life. I don't have to do laundry but then there is nothing to wear if I don't. I don’t have to clean the bathrooms, but then they become so disgusting I hate using them. If I don't try to clean the house, then I live in a pig sty. If I don't workout then I have to live with the body I get instead live with the body I am working towards. I still hate going every time, but I go.

No comments: