Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cancelled


It seems to me that there is very little on TV that I like to watch. I really got involved watching "Over There." It was a show about the soldiers in Iraq and their home lives. It was well written, well acted, intelligent and of course... canceled. "Jack & Bobby" was another show about a future president’s life growing up. The acting was incredible, the writing was superb and the show was canceled.
Lately I had fallen in love with "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip." It takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy show with cameos by such well-knows as Sting. The show is executive produced-directed by Thomas Schlamme, (Emmy Award-winner for “The West Wing”) and the Emmy Award-winning executive producer-writer (NBC's "The West Wing") Aaron Sorkin. It is a show that makes you think, question, deal with real issues and feel emotion. Of course it is cancelled. People prefer fart jokes, inane language and T&A. I get the feeling IQ's have seriously dropped over the last couple of decades in America. To me that is both sad and dangerous. Another place where IQ points have seriously dropped... the white house.

No comments: