Monday, July 30, 2007

Saving Grace


There is a new TV show out and I hope it stays good. It's called "Saving Grace" on TNT. So far there is "Grace Hanadarko" (Holly Hunter) who is this Godless, self centered, hedonistic cop who is "doomed for hell," and this chew spitting angel named "Earl" (Leon Rippy) who is supposed to save her. The show got me thinking, as all good shows do. What is it that I would ask God?

I do believe in God. I don't think the chances for life anywhere could exist without a lot of help. The right environment, the right time, the right place for life to begin and then be nurtured to evolve into a complex system of living interacting cohesive living organisms is just to complex for chance. Take apart a clock piece by piece until all you have are all the correct disassembled pieces then put it into a shoe box. Now the chances for all those pieces to naturally somehow come together in one place at one time is mind boggling. So you have all the makings for a clock in one place but you still do not have a working clock. Next you tape the lid shut and you shake that shoe box for as long as you want and then open it to see if there is a complete assembled working clock inside. Ok you've only tried once. Try it again and again and again and again. What are the chances that there will ever be a complete working clock? I don't know that there would ever be a clock without someone who knew what they were doing putting the clock together. So to me there must be a God to have life even exist. It's all that makes sense to me.

Anyway, I was just wondering what questions I would ask God. I know I would ask why is there disease, death, suffering and greed. I think I would ask him why he didn’t come up with a better plan for life. I would ask why he doesn’t intercede when thing go horribly wrong? I would ask him why there are flies, cockroaches and mosquitoes? I hate those things. Why did he make hate so easy and love so hard? I would ask why he doesn’t stop religion and promote godliness. There are so many things I would ask. What would you ask?

No comments: