Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ten and counting…

It is ten days until the barbeque. Tables, chairs, tablecloths, glasses, napkins, and everything for the event except the food itself is on order. I estimate this barbeque will cost me between $1,200 and $1,400 dollars. I have been pretty anxious about this one since it is an outdoor event. My last planned outdoor event (a formal retirement dinner) was rained out. This time there is no bringing it indoors. The retirement dinner was for 20 people. When the rain came we moved the furniture out of the living room and dinning room and held it indoors. There is no way we can fit 30 people in the house for a sit down dinner. This event HAS TO HAPPEN OUTSIDE!
The weather channel is saying clear and sunny for the next nine days but on Barbeque Day, 40% chance of rain. I am now trying to figure out how to tent the entire back yard!!! What a pain!!!
OK, so instead of 30 people sitting down all at once it is now going to be more like an "eat when you feel like it. I will have two tables set up for six people each with the stone barbeque between both tables. There will be about a 3 time turnover on these tables to have 30 people eat. However, instead of building a huge tent over the backyard, I will be building a redwood roof over the side yard this weekend.

No comments: